Friday, August 26, 2016

ABC Challenge: Q is for Quixote, Don

Hello Readers!

I'm here today with my entry for the ABC Nail Art Challenge for the letter Q! I'm pretty curious to see what everyone else does for Q, because it is not the easiest letter to come up with something for! I did consider doing "quill", and doing something with a feather motif or hedgehog, but in the end I decided to go with "Quixote," as in the famous Don Quixote.

Originally I planned on doing a sunset gradient and using a stamp that features a landscape scene with windmills and a rider on a horse, but I didn't like how it turned out (I will post my nail fail at the bottom) and I noticed a really cute windmill image on a plate I was using for the horse, so I came up with a new plan and did this:


I thought it would be fun to do the letter stamp to represent the pages of a book, and of course we have the windmill and the horse. I decided to stamp the horse over Wet N Wild "Sparked" for a little pop of color against all the white nail backgrounds I had going on.

I used two different plates from the Bundle Monster Create Your Own 2 series:



Alright, so I said I'd show you what I did originally:

I just felt like the windmills were a little bit too delicate for the dark gradient I did, and I also wasn't crazy about the color combo of the gradient.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my letter "Q". Be sure to check out the other manis for this letter as well!
Happy polishing,
-The Midnight Stamper


No comments:

Post a Comment