Saturday, July 14, 2018

Macarons in Paris ft. Moyou London Scandi

Hello Readers!


Today's nails have a Paris theme to go along with an instagram "travelling" challenge. I thought it would be fun to put my favorite french treat along with the iconic tower to represent the romantic destination.


I know I'm not the only one with a soft spot for macarons. Yuuuuum!

Those cute macarons come from one of my favorite Bundle Monster collections, the "Kawaii Emoji". I'm surprised to note that I haven't actually used this image before, though I have used this plate.


The Eiffel Tower image comes from another favorite, the MoYou London Scandi 03. I love all the different looks you can make with this- you could make a totally different mani based on each image! I've used this so many times in so many different ways, and I just never get tired of it.


Finally, I used the classic MoYou London "Holy Shapes 05" plate for the stripes. I did make a decal with this stamp as the base, but I found that the light purple polish I used to stamp it in wasn't quite opaque enough to hide the other polishes I painted behind it. So, I used my clear stamper to stamp over the lines with the purple polish a second time and that worked out really well. I think it also helps a lot with these straight line images to do decals because it's really easy for lines to warp when you stamp them onto your nails, and much easier to get them straight with a decal.

No comments:

Post a Comment