Saturday, May 27, 2017

City of Rome ft. MoYou London Scandi

Hello Readers!


Today's #clairestelle8challenge prompt on instagram was one that really made me stop and think, browse through my pinterest board of the stamping plates I own to find inspiration, and even do light research on google. I knew I wanted to choose a specific city for the "cities" prompt, rather than doing a generic city look, but I had no idea which city to choose!


In the end, I was inspired by the Colosseum image on my Scandi plate to base my mani after the famous city of Rome. I decided to pair my images with a marble pattern you might expect to see there, as well as a flower popular in Roman mythology as well as the city itself: the poppy.




I started most of my nails with two coats of Sinful Colors "Snow Me White". On my ring finger, I have 4 coats of "Cinderella" for my base.


The Colosseum image comes from the MoYou London plate "Scandi 03", which has a lot of great landmark buildings from around the world. I've used a few of them already in previous manis; the Golden Gate Bridge, La Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, and some of the textures, so I wanted to choose something I hadn't done before.

My poppies come from a Bundle Monster plate, from the blogger collaboration collection. This is a really gorgeous plate that I've also used a ton of; one of my favorites was this spring daffodil look.


To get the marble texture, I used a different Bundle Monster plate from the Blogger Collaboration plate; this time the Twi_Star plate with all the mermaid stuff. It's supposed to be a kind of water texture, but I thought it would also be perfect to do an easy marble look.

I finished the look off with a couple of studs. I hope you enjoyed this look! If you'd like to see more city themed manis, you can find them on the #clairestelle8may tag on instagram.

6 comments:

  1. I loved how you used different pattern and design to create a beautiful manicure for the cities prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've never done a marble look before, and I really enjoyed trying it this time!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous and such a stunning mani. I love Rome and wish I could travel there more than I do!! You captured it perfectly.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think Italy is such a beautiful country; I've always wanted to visit it, especially Venice, and I've never had the chance to but hopefully some day!

      Delete
  3. Wow once again another stunning manicure! I really love the thought behind your manicure too, I think you Rome proud with this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! You always have the sweetest things to say. It was so much fun to dive into this project and learn some new things about Rome!

      Delete