Saturday, April 15, 2017

Basilica de la Sagrada Familia ft. MoYou London Scandi, Explorer

Hello Readers!


Today for the #clairestelle8challenge on Instagram, the prompt is "Easter", and I feel like I've done a lot of pastel, spring, floral and rabbit themed manis lately so I really wanted to take this prompt in a different direction. Flipping through my plates on my Pinterest board, I noticed this church image and used it as a jumping off point to do a mani based off of a beautiful cathedral. Because to me, Easter is about church.



I'll admit, at first I wasn't sure which church this image was supposed to be, so I did what most people do when in doubt, and turned to google. It didn't take too long to discover the inspiration for this image:



This photo of Basilica of the Sagrada Familia is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Here's a look at the MoYou London "Scandi" plate that I used for the church image:


I decided to take elements of this beautiful basilica to put on my other nails; the middle nail is inspired by some of the lovely stained glass elements that can be found inside the building. I followed the yellow/green color scheme that I noticed in some of the windows. My image comes from a Bundle Monster plate, from the "Shangri la" collection:



To play up the "stained glass" look on this nail, I first painted a coat of Sinful colors "Green Ocean" over the entire stamped image, then I filled in some of the details.

It's hard to really see the flakies of the Green Ocean polish in the first picture, but you can see the effect better here:




Finally, for my pointer/pinky fingers I wanted to represent some of the columns and the detail work carved into the exterior and interior surfaces. I used another MoYou London plate, from the Explorer collection, to represent this:


No comments:

Post a Comment