Thursday, February 23, 2017

30 Days of Color Challenge: Bright

Hello Readers!


Today's post is for the 30 Days of Color Challenge group, and the theme is "bright." A few days ago, I saw a beautiful gradient look created by Zara at Traces of Polish, and I really wanted to try out the technique that she used for it, so I thought this challenge would be the perfect opportunity to do so.


The basic technique is that you put a bunch of stripes of polish down on a silicone mat, then used a piece of plastic to dab over them and mix the colors a little.


In the 30 Days of Color group, we are encouraged to use polishes from our "untried" pool; actually, all the polishes in this mani were in my untrieds except for the basic black I used for stamping. I found that light orange "Anchors Away" in a clearance bin for 50 cents, and I grabbed it because I figured I didn't have anything like it and I'd use it in nail art. Just out of curiosity I used it as the base color under the decals for this mani... and boy, is it ugly on my skin tone by itself! Ha ha so it's not a polish I would ever use on its own, but I like having a wide range of colors to choose from for nail art.


My stamping image comes from this Bundle Monster plate, from the CYO 2014 collection. I felt like this mani needed something heavy to go over the bright colors, and I saw this design and thought it would be perfect.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the link-up below for more "bright" manis!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful - and unusual colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That is one of my favorite stamps from the collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my first time using that particular stamp, and I really like it too.

      Delete
  3. This reminds me of a gorgeous sunset! I love oranges with blue together!

    ReplyDelete