Sunday, February 12, 2017

Simple Sunday 2/12/2017 ft. Bundle Monster Shangri-La

Hello Readers!


This week's Simple Sunday had me reaching for one of the Bundle Monster Shangri-la plates that was on my un-used list. I had a rough time last time I attempted to use one of these, because I was stubbornly trying to make it work with a Sinful Colors black for my stamping polish and these really need a "real" stamping polish to work properly. But I was ready to try again this week, and so I came up with this:




Just one decal on this mani, and the rest of it is simple stamping.


I found that "gold star" Sinful Shine polish in a clearance bin at Walgreens for 50 cents, so even though I have a lot of gold polish I snatched it up. It IS kind of a different gold, as it has more copper in it, so I don't actually have a dupe in my collection.


Here's a look at the Bundle Monster plate, from the Shangri-la collection. They had these on sale on Black Friday for 99 cents each, so I decided to try a few of them out, and I have to say they have been a lot of fun. This particular one does have a lot of more open-space areas, so a good stamping polish is helpful. 


The other plate I used for this look is an Aliexpress dupe of a plate from MoYou London's Artist collection. I used the little flower images in the bottom left hand corner. To stamp just one of these, I found the easiest way is to carefully apply polish to the very top flower and then scrape up. This way I didn't have to use my lint roller to remove any excess polish on my stamper head. After they were stamped onto my nail, I used a toothpick to add a dot of the "Gold Star" polish to the centers. 

A side note about this mani: yesterday afternoon I picked up a bottle of American Classics "Bridge the Ridge" ridge-filling basecoat, and I think am in love. Not only because it gave me a smoother surface to work off of, but also I just loved the way my polish glided over the top of it. I've been trying out some different basecoats, trying to find my Prince Charming, and for now I am really liking this one.

 But I want to know: what is your favorite base coat? Let me know in the comments! 



6 comments:

  1. The manicure is beautiful. love the accent nails. though I love the second plate the best :D I don't use any base coat. It isn't available in my place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That plate is a pretty cool one. Nice and versatile for doing different accent nails. :)

      Delete
  2. My favorite base coat is a neutral beigey color that kind of matches my skin. I like a more natural look for nails when I actually do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Neutral colors can be a lot of fun! I always have trouble finding the perfect nude shade to match my own skin tone, but it can really be a lovely look.

      Delete
  3. Your manis are so colourful, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete