Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Golden Pineapple ft. MoYou London Mexico

Hello Readers!


It's Tuesday again, which means it's time for another #clairestelle8challenge mani, and the prompt this go-round is "coral". I've been wanting to do a look where I paired an image from the new MoYou London Mexico collection with pineapple and the color coral ever since I got these plates, so this was an easy decision for me!



I just think the ring finger image sort of resembles a pineapple, in a very stylized way. I think pineapple images are adorable, so I wanted to take this excuse to make a pineapple themed mani!


So my coral polish here is the Sinful Shine "Mardi Gras", which was one of the first polishes I bought when I was really getting into polish hoarding. I think coral shades are absolutely beautiful, especially in the summertime! This polish is slightly runny, and required two coats- the first was quite streaky. Weirdly, I usually seem to prefer the regular Sinful Colors line to the Sinful Shine line- they typically seem to have better formulas, even though the Sinful Shine is more expensive!


My ring finger image, as mentioned previously, comes from this MoYou London "Mexico 01" plate. I actually used this very same image in a much more vibrant mani just a week ago, but I couldn't resist using it again for this very different look.


For my middle finger, I used the chevron pattern on this Born Pretty plate. This was actually the very first plate I bought when I started stamping, because of the variety of basic, staple images it has. I've used this plate quite a bit; if you'd like to see a full list of manis that show this plate in action, check out this page, under the "BP-L008- Basic Prints" heading.


Finally, the pineapple image on my pointer/pinky fingers comes from this Bundle Monster plate from the "Hangloose" collection (plate # BM-S408). This is one of my all-time favorites, but as it is also one of my first purchases, It's been a long time since I've used it so I was itching to pull it out again.

6 comments:

  1. This is soooo beautiful! I especially love the golden pineapples on white background - so simple yet so elegant! Did you have to use a special gold stamping polish to get that look? That is definitely going on my list as something I would like to do in the future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! Oooops, somehow I forgot to photograph my polishes for this mani! Ha ha yes, I did use a stamping polish for the golden pineapples. It was Bundle Monster's "Nation's Treasure".

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank You! Pineapples are some of my favorite nail art themes!

      Delete