Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Tropical Lemons and life updates

Hello Readers!


It has been a long time; a very long time; since I have visited my blog. I've been pretty busy making this little beauty:


She's not a newborn anymore, but newborn pics are the best and the squishiest so that is what you get. ;) It's been difficult to paint my nails since she's been born because she mostly refuses to sleep unless somebody is holding her, and as you can imagine it's pretty hard (impossible) to do nail art while holding a baby. BUT now she's been going down to sleep in the evenings for a few hours, so I've had some time... to do things like this:


So this is my first return to nail art for nearly a year. I've done some really simple stuff during my pregnancy that I didn't really photograph, mainly because I was trying to minimize my exposure to nail polish fumes during my pregnancy, blah blah blah, even though they swear it's safe, it just makes me nervous.

Anyway, on to the nail art-



For this, I used MoYou London's "Tropical 08" plate for the lemons. I had to do some isolation to get the lemons by themselves, but I didn't have any other outlined lemon images so it was worth it. I used a Bundle Monster plate with some palm leaves to stamp over my white polish before adding the lemon decals for a bit more detail.


The striped image on the blue nails (Sinful Colors "Rainstorm" turned out looking more purple than I anticipated on these) came from this Bundle Monster plate from the "Shape Nouveau" collection.

My original intention for this mani was to do a sort of lemon pattern with denim, but the blue wasn't quite a denim shade and I couldn't find a perfect "stitching" pattern in my collection. I still like how this turned out, though. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your little bundle of joy :D
    Take your time. Paint when you can. Looking forward for your manicures :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Babies sure have a way of throwing your routine to the wind- but it's a very cute and sweet way of doing it. ;)

      Delete