Thursday, May 4, 2017

BB-8 Standing By for Star Wars Day!

Hello Readers, and Happy Star Wars Day!


I've always been into the Star Wars franchise, ever since I was a little girl. My Dad introduced my siblings and I to the original trilogy, and I remember watching it with my brothers and being awed by the exciting adventures and bizarre characters. When I was in High School, the prequels came out and even though  they were terrible, everyone was excited about it and me and my geek friends ;) had viewing parties and everything.

So I couldn't let Star Wars Day pass (as I'm sure everyone has heard a million times, "May the 4th... be with you) without giving it a nod.





I decided to base my mani off one of the newer characters to the franchise, BB-8, mostly because he is cute and I like his color scheme. Also, I've already done R2-D2 nail art.


So, I started off with base of my favorite white, and used this sparkly black on my pinky/pointer, partly because it's called "faraway galaxy" and partly because, just like its name suggests, it reminds me of stars.





My BB-8 image comes from this Star Wars themed plate, which I discovered thanks to Sara R from "The Call of Beauty"'s Darth Vader-themed mani. I love all the cutesy images on this plate- so many possibilities!


To create the image on my middle nail, I layered together a couple of the images from my favorite MoYou London plate, Holy Shapes 05. This is one of those plates that I have used over, and over, and over again. It's just so useful!

 On this mani, I started with the line of four thick stripes. I did have to stamp this twice on my middle nail to cover the whole thing, as my nails are kind of long (for me) right now).

Then, I stamped the equilateral triangle in gray. It wasn't opaque enough to cover the orange stripes at this point, so I went over it with the gray polish just straight from the bottle.

Finally, I used the same triangle to overlap the gray with a black triangle.


So I felt like my BB-8 ring finger nail was looking a little boring. I searched through my plates to find an appropriate texture to add to the ground below him, and I found this MoYou London "Pro
Collection" plate, and thought it would be perfect.

I hope you enjoyed this Star Wars themed nail art! Are you a Star Wars fan too, or do you like your movies closer to home? Let me know in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. So cute!!!! I love how adorable the BB-8 image turned out! Happy Star Wars day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! Happy Star Wars day to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Using the texture under BB-8 to make a kind of shadow was a brilliant move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hoping it would look like a shadow; it's a bit too big so I guess he sun is just waaaaay behind him, lol.

      Delete
  3. Gotta appreciate the effort people go to for this day! Although I'm not a fan of Star Wars I think these nails are very cute.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad they translate well for people who,aren't necessarily into Star Wars. :)

      Delete
  4. These are perfect! I was so torn as to what to do today! Ended up going with the less common options! So so glad to see yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really loved what you came up with- it was so awesome!

      Delete
  5. To tell you the truth, I've never been the Star Wars fan - but I like your mani :)

    ReplyDelete