Sunday, April 9, 2017

Simple Sunday 4/9/17- Spring Daffodils

Hello Readers!



It's time for another Simple Sunday post, which for a change this week is actually fairly simple because it only requires stamping on one nail. I was inspired by this daffodil image because daffodils are, to me, the quintessential spring flower.



 See? Mostly just polish, very little stamping. ;)


The main featured polish here is from the Sinful Colors "Stoned Crystal Shimmer" collection which was released this spring. The green, "Super Cooper", is more difficult to find than the others but I was lucky enough to spot it at my local Albertsons.

For my middle finger, I started with a gold polish for a base and then sponged on a gold flakie polish to get a more saturated look. I did use liquid latex to protect my skin, because glitter is no fun to remove from your fingers!


My daffodil image comes from this gorgeous Bundle Monster plate. This was part of the blogger collaboration release last year- I loved all the flower images that are so perfect for reverse stamping! If you'd like to see a couple of other examples of these flowers being filled in, you can check out this mani where I used the roses, or here for the bluebells.

14 comments:

  1. I love how soft this looks and the subtle difference in yellows on the daffodils. You keep making so many good looks with the Stoned Crystal Shimmer collection and I can't seem to find any of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That must be frustrating that they seem to be hiding in your area! I think they might have disappeared quickly because they were popular, or maybe your Walgreens didn't carry them?

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful manicure, I love all the colours you used but the way those studs hit the light really sets the whole manicure off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been enjoying the way a stud on the outer nails can frame a mani lately. It's so easy to just pop them on and they stand out so well!

      Delete
  3. Pretty daffodils! I like the gold finger a lot too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, the gold was fun to look at in the light.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful manicure!!! I love the green and gold/yellow color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really speak to me! Your decal is just divine - wonderful use of color!! That green is really pretty and goes perfectly as the leaves for the daffodils!! I loved these on IG and just had to have more of a look here too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! You always have such sweet things to say and it really brightens up my day. :)

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous mani and I love the spring colours. The green, gold and yellow are so pretty together.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really love them together, too. 😊

      Delete