Tuesday, July 3, 2018

4th of July mani ft. MoYou London Mix & Match

Hello Readers!


It seems I've gotten a bit behind on my blog, since it is a bit more time consuming to write about the mani than it is to just post it on instagram. I'm jumping ahead a bit to post these patriotic nails in time for the 4th of July tomorrow.


I seriously debated not posting these at all, since they turned out so crooked. But I didn't have another chance to paint my nails before the 4th, even though I came up with an idea I wanted to do (darn it!), so I'm posting these anyway. In retrospect I also wish that I had done a decal on the ring finger and made the "4" white to make it stand out more- I think it would have improved the overall balance of the design. I guess I'm still getting my sea legs back after taking a long break from nail art!


My geometric image for this mani comes from the MoYou London "Mix & Match 05" plate- I thought it would be the perfect image to just add a little color to get the red/white/blue color scheme. I used almost the same image  on a tropical mani last year- and I actually got the decals on straight that time so you can look at that if you want to see what that looks like. ;)


My ring finger image comes from the MoYou London Festive collection 27 plate, which has a lot of patriotic images. I did double stamp the nail with a swiggly pattern from the above mentioned Mix and Match plate before stamping the image from this one in black.

Do you guys have exciting plans for the 4th, or if you are an international reader, for your country's patriotic holiday? We're probably going to skip the big fireworks show this year, but hope to set some little ones off in the street tomorrow with the kids.

2 comments: