Friday, March 3, 2017

Crumpets Nail Tarts: Mix-tape and Mixed-tape mani

Hello Readers!


Today's post is for the Crumpet's Nail Tarts challenge group, and the prompt is "mixed tape".  Truthfully, I wasn't sure if she meant cassette tapes or striping tape, so I decided to go for both.




I used striping tape on my pinky/pointer fingers to make those neon stripes by first painting my nails with a neon polish, then adding striping tape and going over it with the "Faraway Galaxy" polish.


I used a lot of different polishes on this mani, but I feel like the star of the show is the Salon Perfect "Faraway Galaxy." The fact that it is a one-coat glitter polish makes it possible to do techniques like striping tape with it. You can get this at Wal-Mart for $3.99. The other Salon Perfect in this mani, however, isn't great for actually painting your nails with because it always comes off in one big piece for me. But it is a great neon green, so I used it for dry-brushing here along with the other bright polishes in today's palette.


There are two plates used in this mani- the cassette tape image comes from this Bundle Monster plate from the Time Machine collection (probably my favorite Bundle Monster collection.)


I also used this MoYou London plate, from the Rockstar collection, for the music image.

Be sure to check out some more mixed-tape... or perhaps mix-tape... manis in the link-up below!


10 comments:

  1. Love this mani, it's very retro and reminds me of tshirts printed in the 90s.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thank you! It does have a kind of 90s vibe.

      Delete
  2. Unusual, and I agree with Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yeah it definitely is unusual! Very different than what I normally do.

      Delete
  3. I love how you mixed the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you took on both interpretations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems like they would go really well together so it was fun to mix it up.

      Delete