Friday, February 3, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas: Black and White Valentine ft. MoYou London Animal

Hello Readers!


I'm pretty excited to be getting into February, with it's Valentine's Day manicure possibilities! To kick it off, the prompt for the Crumpets Nail Tarts group this week is "Black and White Valentine". I really love the look of black and white manis, so I was pretty excited about this prompt. I think it's been since the 31 day challenge that I have really done a black and white mani, and just like in the afore-linked look, I couldn't resist adding a little pop of color to this one.


Alligators need love too. It seems that for this holiday of hugs, this reptile wants to put aside the silly feuding between gators and people and just show some appreciation for his favorite snack.





I just have one note about polish for this mani: the tiny fine lines on that gator image definitively require actual stamping polish, not just the sinful colors black that most images can get away with. I did break out my born pretty stamping polish just for that middle finger image, because the sinful colors polish wouldn't pick up all the tiny details perfectly.


Now, the star of the show: this MoYou London Animal Collection plate. This plate has so many cute reptiles that just want to love you. In fact, the turtle has a heart on his shell and the snake has heart shaped patterns in his scales. Even the chameleon has little hearts around him! I'm hoping to get to use this plate again for another love-themed look this month.


My polka dots come from another MoYou London plate, this time from the Holy Shapes line.


Finally, the cursive "love" image stamped onto my pinky is from this Bundle Monster plate from the first Blogger Collab collection they did. For my pinky nail, I simply used a striping brush to create a black area on my nail, and when that was dry I stamped the smallest "love" from this plate over it.

Be sure to check out the link-up below for more black and white Valentine looks!



13 comments:

  1. These MoYou and BM stamping plates are very nice. Lovely mani with the crocodile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do really like the animal line MoYou came out with recently- it has so many cute images!

      Delete
  2. So glad to know that alligators get to celebrate Valentine's Day!! How fun!! I like the pop of color too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thank you! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who did a pop of color- I know I'm not going to get sent to the principal's office for bending the rules a little, but it's nice to have some validation. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous and that Aligator is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so freakin' cute! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - so cute! I love the little reptile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is such a fun and different stamping plate with all the cute reptiles on it. :)

      Delete