Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lighthouse Mani

Hello Readers!

Today I have for you a nautical themed manicure using the cute Bundle Monster plates from the "Hangloose" collection, as well as some of the charms that come with the collection box.



Here are the polishes I used:
-Base polish: LA Colors "Fresh"
-Stamping polish: Wet  N Wild "Black Creme"
-reverse stamping colors: Wet N Wild "Red Red", Sinful Colors "Kool as a Kukumber" (light green) Wet N Wild "Do Pass Go" (dark green), Sally Hansen "White On", Milani "Morning Coffee" (for tree trunks) and Sinful Colors "Yolo Yellow" (for the lighthouse light)

I used reverse stamping for just the lighthouse image, and I did have a little trouble with the red smearing probably because it wasn't totally dry before I tried painting over the back with the white. Next time, more dabbing, less swiping.

I wasn't sure how I would like using the larger charms on my nails, but I have to say I really loved it. They have a little texture to them that was fun to play with while I had them on. I just attached them with regular top coat and then applied an extra layer of topcoat over them to lock them down, and I had no problems with them staying on. After loving them so much, I just may have gone onto eBay and bought a bunch of random nail charms to use in the future.

I got my image from plate #BM-S401, which is a super adorable plate from the "Hangloose" collection by Bundle Monster. There are just so many possibilities for this plate it was hard to choose an image, but I really love lighthouses so I decided to go with it, and I picked up the little anchor and steering wheel pattern from the left side of the plate for my middle finger.  

I hope you enjoyed this mani, and Happy Polishing!
-The Midnight Stamper

No comments:

Post a Comment