Tuesday, August 2, 2016

ABC Nail Art Challenge: M is for Music

Hello Readers!

I am finally jumping on the bandwagon- quite late, I might add- because I have been seeing all these beautiful and fun manicures for the ABC Nail Art Challenge! I'm so excited to be trying this out because it is such a fun challenge full of lots of great inspiration.



I was originally going to do "Mermaid" for M, but I don't have the plates to do it yet (I've never actually done mermaid nails before, so I will probably still do them very soon.) I considered doing "melting", "meow", and "monkey", but finally decided to try out this really fun bundle  monster plate and do "music".

So this plate is from bundle monster's "Musik City" collection, plate BM-S320. So many fun images! I had a hard time choosing what to use, but in the end this is what I came up with.


Here are the polishes I used:
-Sally Hansen Xtremewear "White On" 
-LA Colors "Carnival" (the pink and black glitter)
-Essie "Belugaria" (the black textured polish)
-Wet N Wild "Fuschia Shock Creme" (pink stamping)
-Wet N Wild "Black Creme" (black stamping)

I started with the glitter polish as my color palette inspiration for this mani. I bought it at the dollar store ages ago and still haven't put it on my nails, and I figured pink and black would be a good color combo for a music-themed mani, since they kind of give that edgy punky look. 

From there, I thought Essie's "Belugaria" would be a fun touch, since it is textured it would go great with the theme. Also, I just kind of wanted to see what it would be like to just paint a whole nail with it. I wasn't sure I would like it, but I really think it works in this context.  I found out the hard way not to try to put a topcoat on it, though! It destroys the texture. 

I have to say, that LA Colors glitter polish does not have good glitter saturation. You definitely need to sponge this one on, or it would take you about 6 coats to get this same level of coverage. 

Wet N Wild stamped really well, as usual. I had to re-do my stamping a couple of times because the lines are so thin my stamping dried out before I could get it on my nails. Still, I just love the keyboard image on this plate. 

I hope you enjoyed this mani. Happy Polishing!
-The Midnight Stamper



No comments:

Post a Comment