Monday, August 22, 2016

Creamsicle Summer Mani

Hello Readers!

Today I have a summer inspired mani, because I am trying to squeeze every last drop out of this dwindling summer season. I love summer images; they are just so festive and fun. I am going to miss them when the summer season ends, but I'm also excited for fall themes.

Anyway, this mani was inspired by a bundle monster plate from the "Hangloose" collection, which has this adorable popsicle image.


I decided to use the popsicles as an accent nail, and do a kind of "creamsicle" theme on the other nails using a stamping image that is meant to me dripping nail polish, but makes a perfect drip pattern for any kind of theme. My stamping plate came from ebay, and I definitely noticed a difference in quality from the name brand plates I own. I had a lot of trouble stamping the images, though it could also be that this particular image has a lot of open space, which makes it trickier anyway. 

My base polish is Sinful Colors "Beaches and Cream", which is turning out to be one of my most-used polishes for nail art. Having a light cream color comes in handy so often! My orange polish is Sally Hansen's "Electra-cute". 

Here is the stamping plate I used for my popsicle image:
This is probably the sixth time I've used this plate in a manicure. I am such a sucker for cutesy images! 

I hope you enjoyed this mani, and until next time, happy polishing!
-The Midnight Stamper


No comments:

Post a Comment