Thursday, March 16, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas: Spring Animals ft. MoYou London animal

Hello Readers!


I've been looking forward to this Crumpets Nail Tarts prompt for quite some time now, because I love doing animal themed manis and of course seeing other people's animal themed manis! I'm posting this a day early to avoid two posts on the same day; I really want to post a St. Patrick's Day mani tomorrow!

The theme this week is "Spring Animals", and the first thing I thought of was the adorable bunny image on one of the MoYou London "Animal" collection plates. Adorable sweet bunnies sitting on tree stumps.





I wanted to keep my colors kind of on the pastel side to fit with the "spring" theme, so I started off with a base of Sally Hansen "Mint Sorbet."





I love the color of this polish, but it's a pretty runny formula.






So I actually ended up putting together quite the mishmesh of plates for this mani. These animal plates have super adorable images, but I find I need to mix and match them with other plates quite a bit to get a look that I like, especially with these plates that have all the tiny images. There a few plates in this line, like the reptile themed one, that have different sizes and make it easier to create a mani with different sized images, but this one and the animal 10 plate, for example, I find need some backup with images from other plates.


My little flowers on my pinky and pointer came from this MoYou London plate from the new Scandi collection. I also recently used this plate in a more formal mani for a Simple Sunday post, and I think the images work really well for adding a little something to the "less important" nails in a mani. (I usually like to do one or two nails that are the focal point, and have the rest be more subdued.)


The larger bunny head comes form this MoYou London plate from the Suki collection. This is pretty different than what we normally see from MoYou London- Kawaii images! But I thought it worked really well with the cutesy bunnies from the Animal collection.

And, of course, I had to use just one more plate...

...which is from the Enchanted collection. I used this for the background behind the large bunny face, and I decided it needed a little extra something so I isolated the little vines that are above and below the bunny head (in black) from one of the images on this plate. 


Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out some more "spring animal" themed manis in the link-up below!

8 comments:

  1. aww so adorable manicure :) Love the first stamping plate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Those animal images are some of my favorites- so tiny and adorable!

      Delete
  2. Woa, this is a lot of work for a single nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I can see how you would feel that way! I guess I have been doing decals so long though that they actually go pretty quickly, especially the smaller, simple ones like on my pointer and pinky.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable and I'm so impressed with how many plates you brought out to create this little story! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mixing plates is one of my favorite parts of stamping. Sometimes I feel like I use too many, but then I try to remember that I should make manis that make me happy rather than worrying about that. I'm glad to hear that you appreciate it!

      Delete