Sunday, May 28, 2017

Simple Sunday: Purple Iris

Hello Readers!


It's Sunday again, so I have another Simple Sunday manicure for you today, that uses only the basic stamping technique this time.

Actually, my original plan for this mani was to do some double stamping on my ring finger nail, but I didn't like the way it looked on my right hand so I decided to ditch it for the left.




I have a pretty simple color palette here as well; I decided to use the Sinful Color "Easygoing" to stamp with as well as for the base for my ring finger.


The ring finger image comes from this Born Pretty Store plate, which has a ton of lovely, detailed flower images. I chose the iris image because irises in the spring always make me smile. Growing up, my mother had the whole front garden filled with beautiful purple irises and day lilies. I remember when we sold the house she decided she wanted to re-do the garden and tasked my siblings and I with removing them. Have you ever tried to remove a huge patch of bulb flowers? We quickly found it was not an easy task. Those flowers have staying power!


The sort of geometric/tribal print on my remaining fingers is from a Bundle Monster/ Blogger collaboration plate with Beaching Nails.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and that my American friends are having a wonderful Memorial Day. Do you have any special plans for the holiday tomorrow? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Love this mani, esp the 3 purple nails! Those are gorgeous.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Wow your stamping is beautiful! I really want to venture into the world of stamping so much but each time I've tried they've been huge fails! I'm determined to get better though & I've just read your very informative post on the technique! Will definitely be giving it a go :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I'm so glad that you found my information helpful. There's a little bit of a learning curve with stamping, but once you get the basic technique down it is so easy, fun, and rewarding! Let me know if I can help you with any other problems/questions you have about it and I will try my best to answer them for you. Good luck!

      Delete