Thursday, July 7, 2016

I'm kind of a sucker for all the cutesy, oddly specific stamping images. Food, cute animals, cars, dinosaurs... I want them all on my nails.

A lot of them really beg for some advanced stamping, so I decided to give it a whirl.

Doughnuts and cookies manicure, with bundlemonster 2014 CYO set. Uses plates BM-614 and BM-S408 (Summer's bounty) with advanced stamping.:

I used Sally Hansen's "Dabbler" for the background color, Milani's "Morning Coffee" for the dark brown, Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel in "Tan-acious" for the light brown, Sally Hansen's "White Out" for the white, Sinful Color's "Endless Blue" for the dark blue, and Wet N Wild "black on black".

The stamping plates I used were bundlemonster's CYO 2014 plate number BM-614 (animals + sweets) for the cookies/milk and doughnut images, and BM-S408 (Summer's Bounty) from the Hangloose collection for the cloud images. I really, really love that plate by the way. It also has flamingos, pineapples, ice cream, popsicles, and watermelon. Simply adorable.

So I noticed when I was coloring in the tiny images with my toothpick that sometimes the tiny lines would come up, even when I was really trying to dab the paint on, not drag. To remedy this I put a topcoat (NYC's basic cheapo one) over the stamping before coloring it in and let it dry. This worked much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment