Sunday, May 21, 2017

Simple Sunday with MoYou London Trend Hunter 13

Hello Readers!


It's time for another Simple Sunday mani, and today's is really quite simple as it uses nothing but simple stamping techniques and only two colors of polish!



This week, I decided to try out the MoYou London Trend Hunter 13 plate.

This plate has a lot of crazy geometric patterns with lots of detail on them, so it's a perfect example of a plate that lends itself well to basic stamping. It kind of looks like a lot of work, but the images are pre-designed to make it really easy. All you really need is a good clear stamper to make it easy to see where you are placing the design on your nail. 




As far as polish goes, I started off with two coats of Sinful Colors "The Royal Me", and stamped over it with the Bundle Monster stamping polish "Red Hot". I've noticed that unlike most dark colors, burgundy polishes that aren't intended for stamping turn out more pink than burgundy on the nail, so it's a useful color to have in a "real" stamping polish. 


I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! I'm really looking forward to this week because it's my oldest child's last week of school, and then we're headed into summer. He's super excited for the break, and I'm scrambling to work out a schedule to keep him busy enough so we all don't loose our sanity, but I think it's going to be a great summer! Do you have anything exciting coming up this summer? Let me know in the comments! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, summer break already? We don't break up until early July here in the U.K.
    Love this mani and love the gold/red combo, it's very jester like!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yeah, there is a little bit of variation on when summer break starts here in the states. Some states break in may, others not till June. I don't think there are any that go til July, though! It's amazing to hear about the little cultural differences between countries.

      Delete
  2. Very cute! This looks like something I may actually be able to do on my own 😂 Love the colors! Can't believe school is already out... We are already going crazy here haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, as long as you use a clear stamper- I can't imagine attempting this without one! My kids are itching for summer right now and the energy level in my house is stressing me out a bit! It does help that we adopted a kitten this weekend and I've been spending a lot of time training the kids to be cat conscious. 😂😂

      Delete
  3. The manicure is simple and elegant. Red and gold so well with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, that plate has some really different designs- that's what drew me to it. It's fun to have some unusual things to play with!

      Delete