Thursday, September 22, 2016

31 Day Challenge: Inspired by music- Gotye

Hello Readers!


Today's prompt for the 31-Day challenge is a super fun one, and I'm excited to be getting into these more creative prompts.

...so, music! Ever since the challenge started, I've had this wild idea to base my music mani off of the music video for "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye. If you're not familiar with the video, it's a really strange/surreal one where the singer and a woman are painted into an abstract painting that's largely composed of neutral colored geometric shapes and a little bit of green toward the end. Here's a still shot from the music video:

I found this here

I've always wanted to do some form of artwork based on this concept, because I have always thought that it was really visually interesting. 

So, here is what I came up with:



To achieve this look, I simply started with a light pink, almost nude polish (LA Colors "Blushed"), and then added freehand lines across the nails with different colors. I stamped the face from a Bundle Monster plate, in the "Secret Garden" collection:


I'm not sure how much you can tell that it's supposed to be a face. Originally I shrank it down so it would be smaller on my nails, but it was even harder to tell what it was when it was the smaller size.

Check out some more song-inspired manis over here: 



2 comments:

  1. I love this song, what a great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had the song stuck in my head all day after having this on my nails, ha ha.

      Delete