Saturday, July 30, 2016

Simple Sunday Mani

Hello Readers!

Every Sunday I go to church, and so I prefer to do a more simple, formal manicure on Saturday night to wear next day. (Because I have little ones, I find that painting my nails during the day is a sure-fire way to end up with a ruined paint job. I ALWAYS smudge it when I try.)

Today I had a couple of polishes I really wanted to try out, both from Essie- "Belugaria" and "Jump in my Jumpsuit." I found them on clearance at Walgreens recently and have been scheming up what to do with them ever since.

In case you are not familiar with it, Belugaria is a textured polish meant to resemble caviar. I didn't realize this when I picked it up, so I was pretty surprised when I swatched it! I decided to try reverse stamping with it to see what would happen.


As it turns out, it doesn't look that different than regular polish with the advanced stamping technique. Once you get the topcoat on, it kind of smooths it out, though it is a bit more 3-D than a normal polish. 

I also used Sinful Colors "Devil's Stare" over the Essie's "Jump in my Jumpsuit" for the accent nail. I decided to stamp my image in Sinful Colors "Easygoing", because I wanted a more subtle look instead of a harsh white line. 

The image I used is from the Born Pretty XL plate "BP-L015". You can see it in the photo, just next to my index finger. 

Thanks for looking, and Happy Polishing!
-The Midnight Stamper

No comments:

Post a Comment