Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Your Princess is in Another Castle: Featuring MoYou London Time Traveler

Hello Readers!

Today I have a just-for-fun mani not connected to any particular challenge, but just something I've been wanting to do. I used a bucketload of different polishes and plates in this mani, ha ha, but man it was fun to do!


One thing that was slightly frustrating in this mani was the size of Luigi vs. Princess Peach. The images came from different plates, hence the discrepancy. I decided to run with it anyway though.

First, a look at the polishes:

So I started with a base of LA Colors "Fresh", which is one of my favorite blues, and stamped a star pattern from the recent Bundle Monster Blogger Collab plate by blogger Kelli Marissa in a very similar shade of aqua blue stamping polish. I wanted a subtle background image.

My Luigi comes from MoYou London Time Traveler:

And Princess Peach is from this really cool plate from Mundo De Unas, which features many different- but mostly Disney- Princesses. 


So I added dirt and castle walls, stamped a stone pattern (from hehe's harry potter collection) over the gray and added a stripe of green to represent grass. I felt like the dirt needed some texture, so I stamped one of the star patterns from the Bundle Monster blogger collab plate I mentioned earlier over the brown. 

My little square blocks originated as the squares from this useful MoYou London plate:

I mostly stamped them out to use as a guide. They weren't opaque enough with stamping alone, so I went over them with a toothpick and more polish, but stamping them out first is helpful for getting them *about* the same size. I added black borders and white highlights with a toothpick as well. 


Because I don't usually do complicated stuff on my right hand, I just kept it simple for Cindy. Sorry this hand isn't very pretty, ha ha, I don't normally show my right hand because it gets pretty beat up for some reason, but I kind of liked the simplicity of it this time. 










4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love your Mario and Peach!! I am terrible at stamping so how you can combine and get the placements right for many patterns impresses me greatly! Also your Cindy isn't ugly. I've renamed my cindy Shrek, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! My secret to placement is using a clear stamper. It makes it so much easier! Lol "shrek!" I love it!

      Delete