Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Vintage Tiles and Type, ft. MoYou London Mexico

Hello Readers!


Today is another #clairestelle8challenge on instagram, and the inspiration is "antique". Since I just acquired the new MoYou London "Mexico" plates, I wanted to incorporate them into this mani. I decided to use the plate with all the beautiful tile work and base it off of antique tile work. When I was googling this, I saw a lot of blue tones with neutrals and yellows.



So I tried to use colors that reflected those traditional tile work colors.


I started off with alternating my nails with a base of "taupe" (which doesn't have a fantastic formula, required 3 coats, but is an awesome color), and "Saltwater Happy" (which is a very nice formula, and required 2 coats tops).

Here's a peek at the Mexico 07 plate, by MoYou London, which I used to make tile work decals. I know there are other tile work style plates out there, but I didn't have one, and I've always admired the looks I've seen created with this style of image. Plus, this plate has some really gorgeous ones!

The typewriter keys on my middle/pinky fingers come from MoYou London's "Typography 01" plate. It kind of looks like I did some simple stamping on these nails, but be forewarned: the typewriter keys on this plate are too spaced out to get a satisfactory full-nail look using the plate as it is. I had to isolate the keys and stamp them on individually to get them close enough together. I just used keys that were on the outside edge to make this process easier.

10 comments:

  1. I really like how your presented the theme of antics :) Love the color combo on tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this was such a fun theme- it's been a really long time since I've done any "vintage" themed nails, so it was fun to branch out a little!

      Delete
  2. The "tiles" are so beautiful and I am in love with that typewriter plate!! You did a great job individually stamping each key on - looking at the plate I wouldn't have realized how spread out the letters were, until I was in the middle of stamping haha. I love the way you were able to make them look by putting them closer together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've always loved looking at intricite tile work, so it's really fun to be able to re-create it on my nails with these types of plates!

      Doing the individual typewriter keys was easier than I would have thought; the clear stamper makes it a lot simpler.

      Delete
  3. Yet another stunner. You are creating so many beautifully thought out manicures! I am in love with the colour and pattern combo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is always so fun to base manis off of inspiration from photos- I always seem to like the colors better than if I had just pulled things together on my own.

      Delete
  4. Ooh these tile nails are gorgeous and I love the colours you've picked. Love them!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete