Saturday, July 7, 2018

Painted Pebbles with Nail Art Supplies

Hello Readers!



Today's post is a little- or, I suppose, a lot- different from usual. My kids keep finding painted rocks all around town, and it is so much fun! I had an idea to make my own painted rocks, but with a twist- using nail polish and stamping plates.


These were super fun and easy- basically you just do everything backwards on the back of a clear glass pebble. It was fun to play with some of my new images without having to do a whole mani based on them, and without having to worry about letting my nails dry. 

Here's a look at a few of the plates I used for the main images:



The cactus comes from the Amit X Moyou London 01 plate. There are a lot of images on this plate that would be perfect for making pebbles. I actually was going to also do one of the little carniverous plant, but my 7 year old really wanted to paint that one so I let him do it. 







The adorable llama comes from the newer MoYou London Explorer 33 plate. Love love love the llamas on this plate! I'm also planning on using the marble set of images for a mani very soon.





My unicorn comes from MoYou London Hipster 21. Some very cute unicorn and star images on this plate.




The dino and rainbow are both from MoYou London Hipster 19. I mainly bought this plate for the avocado images. I'm a sucker for food manis.


The galaxy image is from MoYou London Sci-Fi 10. Loving this plate- it has astronaut cats! The space image was also the perfect size to fit on one of those pebbles, so I was happy to get to use the whole image since it's too big for a nail.

Pikachu comes from a MoYou London plate from the "suki" collection, and the silly face emoji is on one of the emoji plates in the "geek" collection.

I used a few other plates as well for backgrounds, and a lot of glitter polish since I figured it would be fun on these pebbles and heaven knows I don't use it that often on my nails, since it's such a pain to remove unless you use a peel-off basecoat.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Before I got into nail art I almost made sets of magnets for everyone for Christmas using printed images and the same glass stones. Now if I ever make them, I know what I'm going to use instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did make magnets from pebbles once before using patterned scrapbooking paper. It was fun too!

      Delete