Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A Hawaiian Shirt style mani ft. MoYou London Tropical

Hello Readers!


Today I am posting details of this summery mani I put up on instagram a little bit ago:


I think since I've been away so long, I was hitting a little bit of a creative block. I wanted to do some nail art, but had no idea what to do. So I decided to look for inspiration in my collection of patterned papers that I use for scrapbooking/cardmaking. I found a beachy paper that inspired this look.


This mani starts with the MoYou London Tropical 33 plate. I love all the fun phrases on this plate! They make such a good focal point for a mani. I actually used the tiny stripes first to add a little bit of detail to the background.


Next, I pulled one of my favorite images from the tropical 17 plate. I had to do some image isolation for this mani, to get the little palm trees a different color than the decorative strips on the end of the image. I found that wrapping a little piece of packing tape around self-closing tweezers worked really well for getting into the tiny areas of this image to pick up the parts I didn't want to stamp.

After I did the finicky part, I went back to the first plate to stamp the "chill" image.

No comments:

Post a Comment