Saturday, July 21, 2018

Pink Dragon ft. Bundle Monster Around the World

Hello Readers!




Today's mani is a simpler design, with the prompt "Far East" in mind. I wanted to do a softer, pinker far east mani rather than going for bold reds and golds this time... kind of like the lovely soft pink cherry blossoms of China.


My dragon comes from this Bundle Monster "Around the World" plate featuring China (sorry about the cloud on this plate- living in the Mojave Desert has perks like normally cloudless skies, but it's been a rainier summer than usual).

Side note: as I was painting tonight, my 7 year old watched me and asked to be included. So he now has the yin yan stamped onto his ring finger nails and is quite pleased about it.


The background of these nails has a tone-on-tone pink thing going on, with a kind of floral-esque pattern from this Bundle Monster plate. I was originally going to stamp the bamboo, but I didn't like how the starker lines contrasted with the dragon and though the floral would give the softer look I was going for.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would not have thought to use pink with the dragon, but it's a fantastic combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was a bit stumped on this prompt, as Far East isn't a theme I normally gravitate towards, but I like how it turned out!

      Delete