Friday, May 12, 2017

Crumpets Nail Tarts: Yellow/Bold Colors

Hello Readers!


Today's post for Crumpets Nail Tarts was a tricky one for me. The prompt was to use "yellow and one bold color". I kind of wanted to use a new plate I bought from the Born Pretty Store that has a kind of school theme, as my kids are approaching the end of the school year and it seemed like a good time for some school-themed nails.



Since I was limited to a couple of colors, I decided to keep this mani super simple. I figured it was fine to add white. ;)



My yellow here is an older version of Sinful Colors "Let's Meet". I've noticed that the newer version now is basically the same a the "Yolo Yellow" polish released in the PRIDE collection. But this older version of the color is totally different; a kind of melted butter color with a shimmer running through it.

It took about 4 coats to reach this opacity, and you can still kind of see my nail line in certain lights, but the polish goes on easy and very even. The formula, though sheer, was a joy to work with.


All of my images came from this plate, which is one of the newer Born Pretty Store plates. I love this plate for the little chemistry images (!!) as well as the fun school themes.

Also, this is new, but I now have a Born Pretty discount code for readers who want to make a Born Pretty purchase. The code (RACHX31) can be used for 10% off of any purchase from the Born Pretty website.

I'm so curious to see the other manis people come up with for this theme! Be sure to check them out for yourself in the link-up below!

4 comments:

  1. I adore that shade of yellow and the shimmer that it has! Such a cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a really fun yellow, so it's a shame they don't make it anymore!

      Delete
  2. Ooh the yellow and blue is a gorgeous combo! Love it.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete