Sunday, May 7, 2017

Simple Sunday 5/7/2017, ft. MoYou London Trend Hunter

Hello Readers!


It's that time of week again, where I show you what I wore on my nails to church this week. I like to try to do something simpler, and more classic, for my Sunday mani, though sometimes it ends up being a little more complicated than my original plan!




I was in the mood to play with the Trend Hunter collection this week, and to try out some mini Essie bottles that my Mom gave to me when she visited last month. The were from a Christmas collection, but I liked the lovely purples and decided to give them a go.




The light purple color, Go Ginza, I almost didn't even need a second coat on, so I was pretty impressed with that.  I was also pretty pleased with how the silver polish stamped. 


The iris image comes from one of the original Trend Hunter collection plates. I have used this plate so many times, it's almost getting ridiculous, but I have been seeing so many lovely purple iris flowers spring up around my neighborhood lately that I wanted to use that image. It's kind of hard to see the details, unfortunately, against the light purple polish.


I decided to pair the image with dots to match the background, so I stamped the larger dot image from this MoYou London Holy Shapes plate. I used the corner of the image to get a triangle on my nails, but it didn't stamp super well, so I had to go over the dots with a dotting tool to fill in the holes. I always find that small polka dots tend to do this- there are always pieces of the dots missing when you pick up the image. Luckily, it's fairly easy to fix.

Yes, you could just use a dotting tool in the beginning instead of stamping it out first, but I like having that guide down so the placement of the dots is even.

I filled in the space between the dots with silver dots using my dotting tool, because I felt like it looked a bit flat without it.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, I also think the plate looks really great. My first thought though is that while the plate is simple you must have to be reeeeally good at stamping to get such a perfectly aligned (which you did, of course :D) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! That's such a sweet compliment. It sure does make it a lot easier to align when you are using a clear stamper- I can't imagine attempting this any other way!

      Delete
  2. Love this mani and the trend hunter series! I have a couple of the played and love them. The purple tones of this mani are gorgeous too, very calming.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Yeah, the Trend Hunter series is such an awesome one! Such intricate, interesting designs in that collection.

      Delete