Friday, May 19, 2017

NCU: Delicate Print ft. MoYou London Mexico

Hello Readers!

Today is another post for the Nail Crazies Unite challenge, which runs every other week opposite to 26 Great Nail Art ideas. Interestingly, to me anyway, this prompt is one that is also included in the 31-Day Challenge, where every September people try to post a nail art every single day. I did this last year when I was still pretty new to stamping, and I actually still like what I came up with for this prompt.

Excuse the water drops... lol... I had to dip my hand in ice water to get a proper gradient effect.


I did something totally different this time around, however. I really am still wanting to test out the MoYou London Mexico plates, and I still hadn't used the one with all the delicate, intricate patterns. To tell you the truth, it seemed like such a good idea when I was ordering it but when I  got it home in my hands I wasn't feeling so sure about it. But I'm so glad I tried it out, because I actually am loving these delicate images on my nails!

This is the polish in "warm" mode





This is what they look like after a plunge in some ice water- I had a hard time getting them all the way cool, so I had to resort to extreme measures.


Also, it helps that I got to play with something new to me- probably not to everyone else, ha ha, I'm a little late to this party. BUT, when I was at Wal-Mart yesterday I happened upon a whole end cap display of Color Club THERMAL POLISH!!!! I limited myself to just buying one, but there were seriously so many awesome colors there!




So I started with a base of that gorgeous thermal polish. I put two coats on, and I noticed that while the first coat was permanently on the "warm" color, the second coat immediately had more variety in the color and settled with a kind of gradient. The polish changes to bright, neon green when it hits 80 degrees Fahrenheit, so depending on the climate where you live it will rest at different colors. I just am loving how fun this is to wear!

All my images for this mani come from the MoYou London "Mexico 03" plate. I decided to go with the sun and the mood to kind of get a celestial theme going.

So, have you beat me to it and already tried the thermal polishes? What was your impression of them? Also, be sure to check out the link-up below for more delicate manis!

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea Color Club had branched into thermals! I'll have to look next time I'm in Walmart. Meanwhile, I love how vibrant yet pastel this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited to have the chance to try out a thermal! It was way too much fun to watch it change colors all day long.

      Delete
  2. It looks colourful and tribal :)

    ReplyDelete