Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Farmer's Market (ft. Bundle Monster Kawaii Emoji)

Hello Readers!

Today I am excited to be participating in the nail challenge collaborative for the first time! I've had my eye on this group for a while, but I kind of felt like I had enough challenges going on. But, I decided to scale back just a little bit on my challenges and trade a weekly challenge for this twice-a-month challenge. The idea is that you create at least 2 nail art looks per month for a single prompt. This month's prompt is "green".




So for green, I decided to be inspired by the summertime farmer's markets and all the lovely green things they have for sale there.


I thought it would be fun to do a burlap sack inspired background, just because it felt very rustic and like the type of bag a very hip farmers market booth might decide to provide its customers.



So I started this mani with a base of "Yo Soy", and stamped over it with "Nirvana".


All of my veggie images came from this Bundle Monster Kawaii Emoji collection plate (BM-XL322). I actually have used that "bean" image before in a mani, but I used it to create jelly beans. I figured it was about time I used it to create something healthy, as I'm sure the plate designer intended.

I had to make a few copies of each veggie to create an "all-over" nail look for this mani. I decided to use two shades of green to add a little bit of movement to the mani.

My "burlap sack" texture comes from this super useful Born Pretty Store plate, with lots of textures and plaids included on it.


Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the link-up below for more "green" themed manis!


9 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! Loooove the burlap sack background, and the little happy veggies on the kawaii emoji plate are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that plate so much- I still need to use the adorable banana image. I think it needs to be paired with a monkey!

      Delete
  2. awww so cute :) adorable veggies :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ha ha yeah, veggies are a pretty unusual thing to put on your nails. I love putting weird stuff on my nails. :D So much fun!

      Delete
  4. Super cute little mani, this broccoli are adorable.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the little broccoli are my favorite of all the veggies on that plate. The glasses!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, so adorable! I love the broccoli with the glases, what a cutie! I always love seeing kawaii style nails. These are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That broccoli... whoever thought cruciferous vegetables could be so cute?

      Delete