Friday, May 26, 2017

Crumpets Nail Tarts: Pink, Gold, and Lilac

Hello Readers!


Sometimes, I do a mani I'm excited about and when it's done, I take a step back and think... "meh". Other times, I am surprised when it turns out better than I'd hoped for. This is one of the latter!








Actually, the latter often happens when I take my inspiration from the talented ladies who create nail art for MoYou London's promotional page/instagram, which is what happened here. I had the rough idea for this mani in my mind, though I wasn't actually looking at the picture when I was planning this mani, just what I kind of remembered about it:


...which was the use of the new Hipster plates, the tiny triangle images, and the dip-dyed look plus gold. I kind of did my own thing with those elements, and ended up with a more feminine and soft version.


So the prompt for this mani was "lilac, pink, and gold." I had to add a little bit of green for the cactus, so hopefully nobody minds. ;)


After painting my nails, the next step was to create the dip-dyed effect, which I did with the aid of this MoYou London plate, "Holy Shapes 05". I used the right triangle image to create the line on my nails, then went over it with my nail polish straight out of the bottle to make it fully opaque.



The next step was to stamp the little triangles.
My tiny triangles came from this MoYou London "Hipster 16" plate, with all the cute cactus images.



Finally, I placed the decal I made from this MoYou London plate, "Hipster 18." So many choices on this plate, but I decided to go with a small potted variety. I used my lint roller to isolate the image so I would have just the one cactus for my decal.

I hope you enjoyed this mani today! Be sure to check out some more pink/lilac/gold manis in the link-up below!



7 comments:

  1. Love you mani! The colours are gorgeous and the additions of white and green make it very soft! Also, I'm blaming you for all the money I'm about to spend on Moyou!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ha ha oh no! MoYou London is a terribly addictive habit. 😂 What are you getting?

      Delete
  2. Love this!!! And the last one too. The cactus plates are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been really having fun playing with these- they just seem so appropriate for summer, especially where we live! 😆

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! Lol I spend at least an hour this week chipping away at cactus in my yard that was growing into the sidewalk!

      Delete
  3. I like it so much, the design and colours :)

    ReplyDelete