Sunday, January 29, 2017

Simple Sunday 1/29/17

Hello Readers!


Today I am here with a super simple Sunday mani, which ended up quite differently than what I had planned out, and also is being sported on much shorter nails.


Originally I wanted to use the Bundle Monster Secret Garden plate that features beautiful koi fish, but unfortunately when I went to use it I found that mine is defective and only half of the plate would pick up on my stamper head at all. So I abandoned that idea and grabbed the other plate I already had  taken out of my organizer (because my nails were newly painted and I didn't want to smudge them) and I came up with this.


I just used two polishes here- my favorite white by Sinful Colors and a Revlon Color stay I found the other day at a discount store. I was excited to find this because I really like the formulas on the polishes I have tried in this line; I've found them to be very nice quality. 



My images come from this Bundle Monster plate, which is from the Create-Your-Own 2014 collection.

What do you do when things start to go wrong in the middle of a mani? Do you power through it and make it work or switch gears entirely? Let me know in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes I power through it, hate it, and spend the rest of the day biting nail polish off my nails. I never said my habits were good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol That's awesome! I do this sometimes too, minus the biting. :) instead I stare at my nails contemplating the error of my ways and how I can avoid disaster in the future.

      Delete
  2. If I've just started a manicure and I'm really unsure I'll ditch it..but sometimes if I have been doing freehand for 3-4 hrs I'll keep going because otherwise I'd want to cry haha. Some of my best ones have been 'power through's'. I like this manicure, the stamping looks really cute with the base colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I imagine the intricate freehand looks you are so awesome at do take a lot longer! I would probably do the same thing. Sometimes if I've been working on a mani for a long time and I'm disappointed with how it's turning out, a quote pops into my head, something about not stubbornly holding on to your mistakes just because you spent a long time making them.... but then I tell that quote to take a hike because I only have so much patience to paint my nails with for one day, and when I start to lose my patience it never turns out well anyway.

      Delete
  3. Simple manis are pretty too :) I like the combo:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping! I especially love the half moon stamping :) as for things going sideways I try to cover it with something distracting... Usually a dense black and white glitter topper haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- half moon stamping is a go-to technique for me since clear stamper heads make it so easy. Ha ha covering it with glitter sounds like it could be an effective fix! :D

      Delete
  5. love the color combo :) when my mani goes wrong I give it a try. and even after trying it didn't work than I just quit wait a day or two and paint again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds a lot like like what I usually end up doing, too. :)

      Delete