Sunday, October 30, 2016

Simple Sunday 10/30/2016, featuring Moyou London Rockstar

Hello Readers!

For today's Simple Sunday, I decided to try out a couple of untried things and go for a really easy mani with some simple stamping.

I was super excited to find a few OPI polishes at the Dollar Tree last week, and I haven't gotten the chance to try them out yet. So I decided to use one of my finds, "Love is Hot and Coal", for my base and stamp over it with BMC "Freedom Ring." The OPI polish is actually a very dark brown, though it reads as almost a black. It was a little streaky on the first coat, but on the second coat it was fine. It was, however, a little bit on the runny side. I imagine that's why it was at the Dollar Tree.


I used a MoYou London plate from the Rockstar Collection that has all kinds of classical music themes on it. I really loved the heart made up of the treble and bass clef signs, so I stamped that onto my middle finger. I've never seen an image like that before, and I think it is a really cool idea. I also stamped the violin, which is very near and dear to my heart as I played violin for many years, as well as the upright bass. 


I get a kick out of the composer faces- who look to be Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach- on this plate. Someday maybe I'll get around to painting these!

No comments:

Post a Comment