Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Challenge Your Nail Art: Red

Hello Readers!

I created this mani for the Facebook group "Challenge Your Nail Art" October prompt, "red". When I was coming up with the idea in my head, I pictured the red being more dominant, but hey the mani uses red as a main color so I'm saying it counts!


For this mani, I used these polishes:
..as well as several stamping plates. I was excited to try out a couple of plates from new Bundle Monster "House of Horrors" Halloween collection. I used the "Cabinet of Curiosities" plate for the skeleton image, and the one with phrases on it for my phrase:

I also used this classic MoYou London plate from the Holy Shapes collection to stamp in my background triangles:

I used the triangle image with the triangle cutout from this plate exclusively on this mani. I simply put the polish on the top triangle and scraped up so the only thing in my stamper was a smaller triangle image. I overlapped two of these on my pinky finger for the double-point effect. 

My playing card image comes from the MoYou London "Alice in Wonderland" collection:

And there you have it: A Halloween mani that leans more towards the spooky side of things.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous manicure! I think you did great with the red prompt and also love the stamping! Also I think this is the first time I've seen someone do swatches with the bottles like this - what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do really like having the swatch rings on my bottles. They won't fit some of the wider bottles like OPI or LA colors, but it is really helpful to see how the polish swatches with a quick glance.

      Delete
  2. I love what you did with the red Prompt. I am in love with the color combination. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked how the colors turned out on this one, too.

      Delete