Sunday, October 16, 2016

Simple Sunday with MoYou London Trend Hunter

Hello Readers!

It's time for another Simple Sunday today, once again featuring MoYou London's new plate, which is part of the new "Trend Hunter" collection. I used this plate last week as well, but with a very different color scheme.

At this point I kind of feel like I should say that all my opinions are my own- I have never received any kind of free products from any companies and I buy everything myself.

This week's color scheme was inspired by 3 polishes I picked up out of the clearance section at Walgreen's for $1.50 a pop this week. When I took them home and got a good look at them, I thought they would be a fun color combo. Here are the supplies I used to create this mani:


 I always start off my mani by letting my nails soak in some cuticle oil. My nails are on the weaker side, which is one of the reasons I keep them a little bit shorter. Because of this, I find it very important to always be sure to moisturize and keep up with that oil! I am almost out of my Essie Millionails, and that is because I love this nail treatment. Without it, my nails are always chipping and peeling.

Also, I like to use those little ring nail swatches to keep on my colored polish bottles for quick reference when I'm trying to pull colors together for a manicure. It makes it easier to really see what the polish will look like on the nail with a simple glance.



This manicure was pretty straightforward to create- I made a decal for my ring finger with the Trend Hunter plate, and used "Kustom Fit" to add a pop of color to one of the flowers.

One thing I will say about the Kylie Jenner "Magik Touch" polish- it takes FOREVER to dry. I really, really love this color and I don't have anything like it in my collection so I guess it is worth it, but really. This kind of goes for all the polishes in the "Trend Matters" collection- they are the soft, pastel, demi-mattes and they all have a really long dry time and require a couple to a few coats, depending on how thickly you slather it on there.

Have you had the same experience with the Trend Matters polishes, and if so do you think they are worth it, or do you tend to avoid troublesome polishes? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment