Wednesday, September 28, 2016

31 Day Challenge: Inspired by a Flag

Hello Readers!

We are winding down on the 31-day challenge with only a few prompts left. Let's have a look at the prompt list:
Today's prompt is to be inspired by a flag. My flag is the Kansas State flag, because although I no longer live in Kansas, I was born and raised there and it holds a very special place in my heart. For reference, here is what the flag looks like:
I decided to pull my inspiration from the main color scheme of deep blue and yellow, and the sunflower image at the top because sunflowers are such an iconic symbol of the state of Kansas. 
I used Sinful Colors "Liquid Iris" for my base polish, and made two stamping decals with a Bundle Monster plate form the CYO 2014 collection:
I decided to use the shimmery polish instead of a regular navy blue because I wanted it to represent stars. The Kansas state motto is "Ad astra per aspera", which means "to the stars through difficulties". I also remember looking up at the Kansas night sky as a child, and it was such a beautiful, unobstructed view of the stars.
I decided to add something extra to my thumb, too:


I used Sinful Colors "Yolo Yellow" to stamp on my thumb, and I have to say I am really impressed by its performance as a stamping polish. I was not expecting it to stamp that well over a dark color!

I used a couple of different plates for the thumb- one from Bundle Monster's Time Machine collection- the image said "I love music" but I only stamped the first part of it, along with letters from  one of MoYou London's Typography plates:

Thanks for stopping by today! Check out some more flag-inspired manis over here:


No comments:

Post a Comment