Thursday, September 8, 2016

31 Day Challenge: Metallic Starships

Hello Readers!

Today's prompt for the 31-Day challenge was metallic! I decided to try out a couple of untried metallic polishes and I based my color palette of of those colors and built my mani up from there.

Here's what I came up with:




My blue polish is "Liquid Iris" by Sinful Colors, which is a limited edition iridescent polish that's at Walgreens right now. It's kind of a blurple- in the light it gives off some purple shimmer that's not really apparent in the photos. My Silver metallic is "Faraway Galaxy" by Salon Perfect. This is a one-coater, which makes it awesome! The copper is "Beachy" from the Revlon Parfumerie line, and I stamped with a Bundle Monster stamping polish, "Freedom Ring".

My other hobby is paper crafting and greeting card design. I have always been enamored with learning all about design principles, and now that I am doing nail art I have been trying to find my sea legs and figure out how exactly all the design stuff fits in to painting tiny art on my nails. 

One classic trick of working with paper and mixing patterns is to include a pattern that has all of the colors you are going to be using to tie them all together, especially if you have a lot of different colors going on. So I decided since I would be working with a few different metallic shades, I would do a striped pattern on my ring finger to make it look like I was putting different metallics together on purpose.

For my middle finger, I used an image from a Bundle Monster plate, from the "Time Machine" collection. I thought all the metallics would lend themselves well to a kind of space or futuristic theme, and I just fell in love with this little robot figure.
Here's the plate I used:


I hope you enjoyed this mani! Thanks for checking it out, and be sure to check out the other metallic manis for the challenge here:




No comments:

Post a Comment