Tuesday, September 20, 2016

31 Day Challenge: Watermarble

Hello Readers!

Today's prompt for the 31-Day challenge is water marble. This marks the last prompt in the styles section of the challenge, which means tomorrow we will be moving on to inspired by, and I am super excited about that!


So for water marble, I decided to test out a pretty nifty marble effect plate instead of taking the plunge into actual water marbling. I just don't think I'm there yet... maybe next year. ;)


My base polish here is Sinful Colors "Set the Duo-Tone". This was a pretty easy polish to use and it only required two coats. I did a little bit of reverse stamping on my ring finger to try to enhance the water marble effect. 



The plate is by Bundle Monster, and is part of a blogger collaboration from a while ago:


I like the versatility you can get with the large image on the left. The way I used it kind of reminds me of tiger or zebra stripes, but there are a lot of different looks you could get with it. 

I'm excited to see the other water marble images- I am always amazed by what people manage to do with "real" water marble techniques!
Check them out here:



2 comments: