Wednesday, September 14, 2016

31 Day challenge: Roses and Lace

Hello Readers!

Today's prompt for the 31-Day Challenge is flowers! For such a seemingly easy prompt, I kind of had a hard time pinning down exactly what I wanted to do. Finally I decided to go with a look inspired by a tea cup.


My base color here is Sinful Colors "Mint2beCool". 

I have a small collection of pretty little teacups. There's just something about pretty teacup patterns that makes me swoon a little bit. This manicure was loosely based off of this teacup pattern:


My roses pattern came from a Bundle Monster plate from the "Secret Garden" collection. I have a lot of different flower patterns, but for this mani I really wanted roses that  I could fill in, and apparently this is the only plate I have that has that:



I also used a plate I got for about $.75 off of Aliexpress. I bought it for all of the beautiful lace patterns, but the quality of it is not fantastic. Half of the time when I was stamping the lace onto my nails it didn't pick up completely. I noticed that the plate doesn't seem to be as deeply etched as the name-brand plates that are available. Here it is, though:


 It seems like ordering off of aliexpress is kind of a mixed bag. I've purchased plates that are of great quality, and then plates that are... not so great, but usually at least usable. This one fit that category: definitely pretty, useable, but it takes a little extra TLC.

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other floral manis for the challenge over here:




2 comments:

  1. Its beautiful. your manicure perfectly match with the tea cup set :)Its a shame the plate isn't etched well. It has so many pretty patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's always a little disappointing when they don't work well, but for the price I can't complain too much. ;)

      Delete