Saturday, January 21, 2017

30 Days of Color Challenge: Calm

Hello Readers!

Today's post is for the facebook group 30 Days of Color, where nail enthusiasts are encouraged to reach into their pile of untrieds and follow a prompt. There's a new prompt each week, and you can do as many manis for each prompt as you wish. This week's prompt is "calm".


I used an untried plate and an untried polish for this prompt. I picked up this Essie polish at my local discount store at a deep discount. It's a really unusual polish- it's the only kind of forest green in my collection- so I was happy to find it. I paired it with a plate from Bundle Monster's "Into the Woods" fall collection for 2016, as well as a couple of other plates. I though the deep green would go well with a calm, serene forestry theme.


I wasn't super excited about most of Bundle Monster's fall release this year. It was pretty, but I felt like I already had similar images as a lot of the plates. This plate, however, is so beautiful and unique I decided to pick it up. I wanted to use all the images on my nails today, but I decided that wouldn't be very "calm" so I settled on just one. The lovely hourglass, mostly because I wanted to feature the roses nestled up against it. So lovely!

One thing about this image, however, is that some of the fine detail lines on it are very dainty. I wasn't able to use my usual Sinful Colors "Black on Black" to stamp this; it just wouldn't pick up the tiny details of the sand inside the hourglass. So I broke down and used actual stamping polish. I normally prefer to use the Sinful Colors just because this Born Pretty stamping polish is so highly pigmented that it is a huge pain to clean up off your skin after stamping.


The roses on my middle finger come from this Bundle Monster plate from the Time Machine collection. This is one of my favorite rose images- so nice and big for decals! I used it for this purpose once before during the 31-Day Challenge last year to do yellow roses.

Finally, my tiny vines come from MoYou London's Enchanted collection.

You can check out some more calm manis for this challenge in the link-up below!





6 comments:

  1. I love that your mani tells a story too! It reminds me of Beauty & The Beast movie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually hadn't thought of Beauty and the Beast, but I love that association! The roses and the hourglass, to represent that the beast is running out of time. Cool idea!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I really like the hourglass, and for some reason this look made me think of Snow White even though Kristi's idea of Beauty & the Beast makes more sense! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol apparently it is reminding everyone of fairy tales! I love that.

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing. You really captured the challenge's spirit with your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete