Friday, January 6, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas: New Year New You

Hello Readers!

Today over at Crumpet's Nail Tarts we are invited to explore an interesting theme: New Year New You. I like that this prompt really makes you think! Every year I like to go along with Ali Edward's one little word prompt and choose a word to focus on throughout the year. Actually I think I forgot to do it last year, ha ha, but this year I am excited to get back into it.

This year's word for me- or phrase, really- is "Radiate love". This comes from some soul-searching I've been doing over the last few months that involved me going back and reading some of the extensive journaling I did back in my high school/early college days. Reading about how happy and fulfilled I was when I was focusing on uplifting other people and feeling and projecting love to people around me made me realize how much I wanted to reconnect with that person I used to be.


So my mani is based on my intention for this year- to focus on spreading love to others around me.
I chose colors that are happy to me and that are some of my favorites. I wanted the mani to feel light and happy.


So I started with two coats of white for a base and stamped in gold and a mint blue color. I decided to do a gradient type stamping technique for the hearts by putting both gold and blue onto my stamping plate and then scraping. Though the colors don't really fade into each other, I'm pleased with it.


I really wanted a sunburst-type pattern for the background on my middle nails to represent a motion coming from within and going out into the world. I found my sunburst on this Bundle Monster blogger collab plate.


The adorable little hands forming a heart come from this MoYou London Hipster plate. Loving this plate!


My little hearts come from a different Bundle Monster Blogger Collab plate, this super versatile one by elleandish.


Finally, I thought the little speech bubbles from this Born Pretty plate would represent my desire to make an effort to try to brighten the day of strangers and look for ways to show kindness in smaller and simple ways. 

I can't wait to see how others interpret this challenge! Be sure to check them out in the link-up below!


7 comments:

  1. Great mani and great things to go with! I think the whole thing about Radiate Love was really neat to include. One of my favorite songs is called Radiate and the when you started that about the Radiate love part it really reminded me of the song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't heard of that song before- I will have to look it up. Maybe I could use it as a power anthem for this year! Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty design. I love the thought behind it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping as always, I love the heart-hand but I really love the emotions behind it, if only more knew about radiating love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to be focusing on stepping out of my comfort zone and focusing more on that. It's amazing how the more love you put out into the world, the more love surrounds you all the time.

      Delete