Friday, January 13, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite: Silver and Gold... and purple!

Hello Readers!


This week in the Facebook group Nail Crazies Unite our prompt is "Silver and Gold". This is a color combo I always seem to have trouble with for some reason, so this time I decided to pair it with purple since gold and silver are both such regal colors and purple fits in with that "royal" color grouping. I thought it would be fun to play with my new MoYou London Trend Hunter plate and I added in a little monster because I thought he would play well with these darker, moody colors.


Lots of metallics going on in this mani:


The polish I'm holding in the mani shot is a new Sinful Colors for the Valentine's Day collection. Oh my gosh it is so shimmery! I have it on my ring finger so I could appreciate it in all its glory.






I was excited to really get to play with this fun Trend Hunter plate, and really dive into the row of circle images. I think the one on my pointer finger is my favorite in this mani! I did use it once before, but I had only stamped it straight onto the nail without adding more colors in my Alice in Wonderland look.

I also quite enjoyed playing with this MoYou plate from the Rebel collection to get my little monster. There's a ton of tiny stuff packed into this plate, so to make it easier to decide what to do I used a little stamping guide to get an idea of what things would look like on my nail.


Finally, I pulled out this classic plate to make a little triangle for my ring finger, also using stamping guides to isolate the tiny triangle and make life much easier.

...and that's it! Be sure to check out the link-up for more looks with gold and silver!




4 comments: