Tuesday, January 31, 2017

30 Days of Color Challenge: Recreation ft. Bundle Monster Work It

Hello Readers!

It's a new week over at the 30 Days of Color Challenge group, which means a new prompt! This week's prompt is "recreation". When I read this prompt, the only thing that came into my mind was sports, games and hobbies... though the blogger Olivia Jade Nails pointed out that that word could also be pronounced "re-creation". Actually though, I am happy to use this prompt as I originally pronounced it in my head, because I have some plates from the Bundle Monster "Work It" collection that have yet to receive any love and they are definitely recreation themed.

I bought this plate because last spring I put my 5-year-old in soccer, though I think we will skip it this year because he is a lot busier now that he is in school and he spent more time running around kissing the referee's feet than playing actual soccer. Also, for some reason they have the games kind of late at night for small children. Like, at 8:30 on a school night? For five year olds?


Today's mani is soccer themed, and my untried polish is Sinful Colors "Queen of Green", which can be found at Walgreens and Kmart right now in the St. Patrick's Day collection displays. And it is a beeeeeuatiful green! I feel like it looks exactly like the sunlight shining on a dewy soccer field. I love the gold shimmer running through it!







As stated previously, the plate I used is from Bundle Monster's "Work It" collection, which features a lot of recreation-centered plates. I still have a baseball themed plate from this collection that needs to get used, so I think I'll do a second mani with a baseball theme this week for this challenge. 


This also turned out to be a super simple mani to create, since it doesn't use any reverse stamping- just direct-to-nail action. 

Be sure to check out some more recreation... or REcreation... manis in the link-up below!




6 comments:

  1. Three polish mani! You deserve a prize. :)
    Watching kids play soccer at age five is so funny though. Especially when they switch which sides the kids are playing on and they head in the wrong direction. My step-son's group is starting to get too old for that and I miss the raw enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yeah I know I usually use a lot more than three! And as far as entertainment goes, yes watching the soccer games was quite entertaining, and my kid more than most since he was such a goof. Unfortunately his antics often got him sent to the bench... Ha ha but raw enthusiasm, yes, he has so much of that; its fun to have kids around because they remind us of how it was when everything was new and exciting.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful green! I love the gold shimmer :) yeah I agree 8:30 on a weeknight is pretty late for 5 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the gold shimmer is pretty awesome, too.

      Delete
  3. This is a great one, my son would love it :)

    ReplyDelete