Friday, December 9, 2016

26 Great Nail Art Ideas: Christmas Preperations

Hello Readers!

Today's post is for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge. The prompt is "Christmas Preparations", and one of my favorite ways to prepare for Christmas is to make festive sugar cookies! So my mani today represents a holiday cookie jar of sorts, with a few varieties of sweets:


I have some macaroons and two varieties of sugar cookies on my nails. I kind of ended this mani feeling like maybe it was a little too busy, even for me (ha ha), and wishing I had done things a little bit differently. I should have included a "white space nail", maybe painted white with just a snowflake design stamped half-way down to give a little bit of a rest to the eyes. Maybe instead of the Christmas tree cookies. But, I don't really have time to change it now so it's staying as is, like a peek inside of a cookie jar. 

Here is my polish palette:

I started off my cookie decals with a jelly/glitter polish to add some extra fun to the design. I will say, these sugar cookie designs were a pain to fill in. The teeny tiny border around the frosting was the part that gave me pains. I filled in the frosting first and I figured it wouldn't be too bad to fill in the thin border since I could err on the side of the frosting and it wouldn't show there, but it was still quite tedious. 

I got my sugar cookies from this MoYou Lodon dupe from the Festive collection:

And my macarons come from this Bundle Monster plate from the recent blogger collab:

This plate has some really adorable food images- doughnuts, cupcakes, candy... perfect for sweet tooth manis! 

Be sure to check out some more Christmas preparation inspired manis in the link-up!



2 comments: