Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve Nails

Hello Readers!

Instead of doing fireworks for this year's New Year's Eve mani, I decided to go with a black and white them and an emoji to represent the occasion and add some color. While I love how the design worked out, unfortunately I had a little technical difficulty that didn't come out until it was too late to re-do them, so here they are anyway:


I chose the kissy face emoji to represent the midnight kiss for good luck, but I think I overcompensated the fact that I was putting him on a dark background by putting on too much yellow polish and unfortunately... it leaked! Ha ha I don't think I've had this particular problem before, but I can't re-do it now so let's pretend he is so overcome with holiday cheer he just can't contain himself.

Here's a quick look at my color palette for this mani:
I decided to use Konstellation for a bit of a variation on a basic black. I love this satin, micro-shimmery polish! I used a matte topcoat to seal those nails since I wanted to preserve the matte finish of the polish. 



Let's kick off the plate show-and-tell with this *actually* New Year's themed plate from Bundle Monster's Winter Holiday collection. Oh my gosh I love this plate- it so full of cute. I just used it as collage-style full nail images, but these images would also be easy to isolate and a lot of them would be useful for more than just new years- the balloons, clock, party hats, etc. 

I took my numbers for the "17" from this font plate from MoYou London. I used my nail guides to make isolating out the numbers I wanted super easy. 


My kissy face comes from this MoYou London plate from the "geek" collection. I made a decal on my stamper head, and then added color to the little heart after stamping it onto my finger since the heart stamps solid. I haven't really attempted that technique before, but it was surprisingly easy to do. 


I also used this plate from MoYou London's hipster collection, to stamp the bow background behind my emoji. I figured bow ties were a classic New Year's look.


So are you all excited for the New Year? Do you have any big plans for 2017? Any big plans for tonight? I'd love to hear about them! We are having a couple of friends over for board games to ring in the New Year tonight, so I am excited for that and always excited for a fresh start! 




2 comments: